Thursday, March 24, 2011
Holy crap, these turned out a little spicy for my liking-I would use less sauce and we added some cream cheese to try and cool it down:)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Thanks Bonnye for sharing this with me:) Kevin and I both really enjoyed it, and it was super easy!
Chicken & Dumplings - Crockpot
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 can Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 6 biscuits (Pillsbury Golden Homestyle Buttermilk canned biscuits -2pt per biscuit)
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1/2 bag of frozen corn, green beans, carrots
- 1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add all of the ingredients except for the biscuits and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add salt, pepper and any other seasonings that you would like. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, turn your crock-pot on high and tear biscuits into 1 inch pieces and add to slow cooker.
Makes six 3/4 cup servings at 6 WW pts per serving.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Picture to follow...
Original recipe: (the only thing I added was a pound of ground beef to the top before baking)
- 1 lb 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°F Whisk cottage cheese, eggs and 1 cup Parmesan together in medium bowl; set aside. Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in large Dutch oven over high heat. Stir in 1 Tablespoon salt and pasta; cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta begins to soften but is not yet cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain pasta and leave in colander.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and garlic in 12 inch skillet over medium heat until garlic is fragrant but not brown. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and oregano; simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Off heat, stir in 1/2 cup basil and sugar, then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir cornstarch into heavy cream in small bowl, transfer mixture to Dutch oven set over medium heat. Bring to simmer and cook until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove pot from heat and add cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup tomato sauce and 3/4 cup mozzarella, then stir to combine. Add pasta and stir to coat.
- Transfer pasta mixture to 13 x 9 inch baking dish and spread remaining tomato sauce evenly over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan over top. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to cook until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes longer. Cool for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 3 Tablespoons basil and serve.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken
- 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
- 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
- ¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
- 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
- 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
3/4 ketchup, 1/4 cup milk-mixed together
3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp thyme
1 small onion chopped fine
2 eggs slightly beaten
3-4 slices bacon
Mix all ingredients together-except bacon, bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Lower heat to 325 degrees, put bacon on loaf, add 2 cans tomato soup around sides for gravy. Continue baking for 45 minutes.
We enjoyed this treat with mashed potatoes and corn:) Yummmm. Maybe my dad should stay and cook us up some more treats!
Monday, March 7, 2011
1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
1 jar Alfredo
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
10 breaded chicken nuggets thawed and cut into pieces
Unroll dough and spread onto greased pizza pan. Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes until edges are browned. Spread with Alfredo sauce, sprinkle with garlic salt and Swiss cheese. Top with ham, chicken nuggets, and mozzarella. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
2 large cans cooked white meat chicken (drained)
1 bottle ranch
8oz cream cheese
Franks Red Hot to taste
Grated cheese to top-whatever kind you like
On stove top combine ranch, cream cheese, chicken, and franks, heat until combined, then transfer mixture to pan, top with grated cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips/scoops.
1 (15oz) can of black beans (drained)
1 can petite diced tomatoes (drained)
1 1/2 cups cooked, cooled rice
4oz crumbled Feta cheese
1/2 cup Italian dressing
2T chopped Cilantro
Mix all ingredients and chill. Serve with tortilla chips.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
2 tsp finely chopped onion
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp poppy seeds
Then add 2/3 cup oil and mix shake well
(top with dressing just before serving!)
1 large head Romaine lettuce (I just used a bag of Romaine for ease)
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cubed apple
1 cubed pear
Mix it all together and top with dressing right before serving. YUMMY!
Yum. The picture does it no justice.