- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped **I omitted**
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise **I used plain yogurt, I really despise mayo**
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F).
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt, almonds and onion.
- Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side. Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
- Brush braided dough with the egg white. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown.