Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chicken Noodle Casserole

Tonight for dinner I made a new casserole-I seem to be obsessed with casseroles....it was some good comfort food! I enjoyed it, although I think it could have been spiced up some more...not sure how. I will definitely eat the leftovers though! Can't go wrong with noodles of any sort! I looked up a bunch of recipes online and just mixed them all together..it worked out well:)

Ingredients
12oz wide egg noodles-cooked according to pkg. (I use a mix of whole wheat and white)
3 tablespoons butter
3-5 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
2 chicken breasts
1 small onion
4 cloves of garlic
Parmesan Cheese
salt, pepper

For topping
2 tablespoons butter
Seasoned bread crumbs (I seasoned my own with a BUNCH of spices, just anything I grabbed out of the pantry!)

Directions
Cook pasta according to package and set aside. In a large skillet cook chicken until done. Season with salt and pepper, etc...Pull chicken out of the skillet and set aside (after cool enough cut into small pieces). In same skillet melt 3 tablespoons of butter and add diced up onion and garlic, cook until soft. Add flour and whisk together and let it brown, and the flour to cook. Slowly add the milk, chicken broth, chicken soup, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture thicken and combine well. After bubbly, add the chopped chicken to the mixture.

Butter a 9x13 pan and put the noodles in the bottom. Pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on casserole.Then mix butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle that on top. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes until breadcrumbs are toasted!


Finished Casserole


Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment