Thursday, February 11, 2010

Easy Taco Bake Casserole

For some reason, I am obsessed with this Taco Bake...it has cream cheese and sour cream so that is probably why. I can't remember where I found this one, but I remember I did cut it in half, which is more than enough for us, with lots of leftovers, and I added refried beans to the recipe. Kevin would rather it be made with rice, which I bet is possible, and you could add salsa or rotel in place of the tomato sauce, but I like it just the way I make it. Maybe I will get adventurous and try some new ideas next time I make it!

Ingredients
8 oz/half bag or box of shell pasta
1/2 pound of ground beef or turkey (mine is never a perfect amount)
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
8 oz brick of cream cheese
1/2 cup to 1 cup of sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
Shredded cheese for top-I use sharp cheddar or mexican blend

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta as directed and drain. While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef and add taco seasoning and tomato sauce, then simmer until combined and pasta is done cooking. Also soften and combine cream cheese and sour cream mixture. I microwave the beans as well during this time which makes them easier to spread. Spray a 9x9 pan or larger if you are making a bigger batch. Put drained pasta in the dish first, then layer beans on top, then cream cheese/sour cream mixture, then pour ground beef/tomato sauce/taco seasoning mixture on top of that, then cover in shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes when cheese is nice and melty! Yummy, and super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment