Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ranch Chicken

For dinner Tuesday night I knew I was going to make some chicken... Usually the recipes I make are a combination of other things I see, sometimes that is good and sometimes that is bad. Last night was a success. I base that success on Kevin getting a second portion. If he only eats one serving-I will not make that dish again, but last night that wasn't the case.

Ingredients
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts (I use Smart Chicken strips, about half a package, smaller pieces so I do not overeat!!)
1/2 cup or so of Ranch Dressing
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dried Ranch Dip
1/2-3/4 cups of seasoned bread crumbs
4 Swiss Cheese Slices

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Fill one shallow dish with ranch dressing, fill another with breadcrumb/ranch packet mixture. Heat large skillet on stove to medium high-ish heat and coat bottom of pan with a layer of olive oil. Bread chicken first in ranch dressing and then coat in bread crumb mixture. Brown chicken on both sides on stove until golden brown on each side-be careful and only turn once or coating will fall off! Then place skillet in the oven and cover chicken with swiss cheese slices, bake until chicken is done all the way through and cheese is melted over chicken. Enjoy:)

We had this chicken with fried potatoes and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment