Monday, February 15, 2010

Cindy Spreer's Cheesy Potatoes

Well, if Kevin didn't make me fall for him-I fell for his mom's cheesy potatoes. They are SO good, and now a staple in our house, and I take them to family functions, which is awesome, because they are so simple. Love it. Love it. Love it. Love all the Spreer's too!!!!

All their goodness!!!


Ingredients
1 bag frozen hash browns-completely defrosted!!! Cubed or Shredded.
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup minced/diced onions
1 bag (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese, I use sharp cheddar for everything
1 stick of melted butter
8 ounces sour cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
Crunched up chips, buttered bread crumbs or corn flakes to top it with

Directions
Generously butter a 9x13 pan. Mix defrosted hashbrowns, celery soup, onion, cheese, melted butter, sour cream, and salt and pepper together. Pour into greased pan. Top with your choice of crunchy items. Bake for one hour, sometimes I bake a bit longer, depending on how defrosted my potatoes are, I make sure its nice and bubbly and brown on top:)

My very large serving...well my first serving anyway...

3 comments:

  1. Meghan, as well as many people in our family, never met a potato she didn't like. Except those awful things with spinach and tomatoes I made one Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I am not sure why you wanted to make something other than mashed....that is boggling my mind....:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, as well as many people in our family, has never met a potato she didn't like. Except maybe for the ones I made that Christmas with the spinach and tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete