Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bran Muffins

I have spent the weekend cleaning and organizing all sorts of things. Today I made some bran muffins-my mom always used to make them, and she is the one to thank for this recipe. Easy, and pretty healthy:) I only made a dozen today, but I will also post the five-dozen recipe in case you need to bake them for an army!

1 dozen (small recipe)
Ingredients
2 cups All Bran Cereal
3/4 cup sugar
1 and 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk

5 dozen (large recipe)
Ingredients
1-15oz box All Bran Cereal
3 cups sugar
5 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt
5 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 quart buttermilk

Directions
Mix together all dry ingredients. Mix liquids together. Pour liquid all at once to dry and mix until just moist. Do not over-mix. Fill muffin holders 2/3 full and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Yummy!


Breakfast for the week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment