Monday, March 29, 2010

Fierro Chicken

It turned out really good, except I accidentally mixed up the Cayenne and Chili Powder, and it got super spicy! Good thing we like spicy food:) I served it with brown rice, black beans, and my brother made us Asparagus Roll-Ups...see the other post on that one! I added extra of all the things for the sauce, and it made plenty-I just threw in a hole block of cream cheese and the whole can of enchilada sauce, etc...

Ingredients
5 oz cream cheese, softened
1.5 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
1 TBS chili powder (I used more + added cayenne)
3/4 C enchilada sauce
3/4 C fat free half and half
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt, pepper, cooking spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.

Mix all ingredients well, except the chicken.

Place chicken in the casserole pan, and cover with sauce. Bake in preheated oven until juices run clear, about 40 minutes
.

Our spicy little meal:)

No comments:

Post a Comment