Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Ham Bake

I am still going strong on my casserole kick, although I am thinking tomorrow I might mix it up a little:) Kevin really likes ham, and one of my favorite foods when I was a kid was mac n' cheese, and I still love to this day, so when I saw this casserole, I thought it might be a good fit! You can find the original recipe here http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pork/creamy-macaroni-and-cheese-ham-bake/. It turned out really delicious! It was a 2-serving meal each:)


Ingredients

1 7.25-ounce package macaroni and cheese dinner mix
1-1/2 cups cubed cooked ham or chopped cooked chicken
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, I used sharp cheddar(6 ounces)
1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion-I used minced onion/onion powder from my spice cabinet to make it easier...
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup soft bread crumbs-I mixed them with a bunch of seasonings for more flavor
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (optional)
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare macaroni and cheese mix according to package directions, except do not add salt to water. Stir in ham, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, the cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, and pepper. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 1-1/2-quart baking dish.

In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and, if desired, parsley; stir in melted butter. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.

Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are golden. Makes 4 servings.

It looks a little weird in color-but it was really good!

Ta-Da!


No comments:

Post a Comment