Monday, March 15, 2010

Ham and Cheese Quiche

I had been wanting to make a quiche for a loooooong time, I just kept forgetting to buy half and half, or pie crusts....and its something I never really eat. I don't think Kevin even knew what it was! It turned out really delicious-we cut the recipe in half, and just made one...but we ate the whole thing! It felt good to finally make something new again and be back in the kitchen after so much eating out. Oh, and I added garlic powder, season salt, extra minced onions, onion powder, and a few other seasonings to the mix...otherwise I followed the directions perfectly-which I never do! I was scared of burning the crust! A little bit of my crust fell off when I pulled off the foil-but it was me being sloppy, otherwise it looked great! You can find the original recipe here http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ham-N-Cheese-Quiche/Detail.aspx.

Ingredients
2 (9 inch) pastry shells
2 cups diced fully cooked ham
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
4 eggs2 cups half-and-half cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions
Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.


Divide ham, cheese and onion between the shells. In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour into shells. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Or cover edges with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.


Quiche


Quiche take 2


First slice

No comments:

Post a Comment