Monday, March 1, 2010

Baked Beef Ravioli

Tonight for dinner I tried another new casserole recipe...my obsession. Since Spring is on its way, I have taken it upon myself to start tanning (I really don't need any comments on this, thanks though!) and start going back to the gym (which I hate every minute of). So dinner is getting later and later at night, which I HATE! I like a nice early dinner so my food can settle before my early bedtime of 10pm. You can find the original recipe here http://www.bhg.com/recipe/beef/baked-beef-ravioli/. I only made a few small changes....and I just put the ravioli in the pan, and poured the sauce over top, because my skillet ran out of room! Get ready for another new casserole recipe tomorrow! I am off to bed:)

Ingredients

2-9-ounce packages refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 10.75-ounce can condensed tomato soup
4 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
salt and pepper to taste
EVOO

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Return to pan; cover and keep warm.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, cream cheese soup, basil, and oregano. Gently stir in cooked ravioli.

Transfer mixture to an ungreased-I drizzled EVOO in the bottom- 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until heated through. Makes 8 to 10 servings.I wish I would have cut this in half-whoops:)

Finished Casserole...


Not too bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment