Friday, March 5, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Casserole

Kevin's mom makes this and it is soooooooooooo delicious! :) One of my favorites. Lucky for me, she gave me the recipe. After Kevin and I went running tonight, we made this quickly and devoured it even faster! Yummy. We do add chicken to make it a whole meal, but you can do it either way. Last night I didn't cook dinner because we met up with Kevin's parents for dinner at Longhorn in Lawrence, which was really good too-especially their onion-ring type appetizer.

Anyway....

Ingredients
1 package frozen chopped broccoli (I used the baby florets tonight, because they are my favorite)
1 small chopped, diced up onion
1 cup cooked minute rice (I used brown tonight to try and act healthy...:))
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cheese whiz
Butter to saute with
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can cream of chicken soup
Chicken breasts-I just grill up in a pan and dice it up
Sharp shredded cheddar cheese and paprika to top with

Directions
Saute broccoli and onion in butter. Cook rice and chicken. Blend soup, cheese whiz, and milk. Combine well. Add rice, broccoli, and chicken also. Put mixture in a buttered 9inch square pan or casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese and paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cindy always doubles this recipe and bakes for 35 minutes:) It is soooooooooooo good.

Look at all that cheese!!!


This was worth not eating out on a Friday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment