Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cornflake Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders

I borrowed this recipe from another blog I follow. You can see the original recipe and blog here-http://jayhawkgirlskitchen.blogspot.com/search/label/cornflakes. I needed to use some chicken before we head up to the Big 12 Tourney tomorrow:) I followed the recipe pretty close, but I didn't use light dressing, and I forgot to get scallions. I added in garlic salt, season salt, and minced onion to the dressing mixture. They turned out really tasty!

Ingredients

1 spray(s) cooking spray
2/3 cup(s) lite honey mustard dressing
1/8 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dill, freshly chopped
1 medium scallion(s), finely sliced
1 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz pieces

Directions
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a shallow pan with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, dill and scallions; remove 1/3 cup and set aside.

Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken into dressing mixture and then cornflake crumbs; place in prepared pan.

Bake until chicken is golden and no longer pink in center, about 15 minutes.

Drizzle remaining dressing mixture (the 1/3 cup that was set aside) over chicken breasts and serve. Yields 1 piece of chicken and about 1 1/3 tablespoons of dressing per serving.

I ended up eating more than 2, I am a fatty!


Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment